Kenya has a proud hockey history and once boasted a men’s team that was ranked fourth in the world competing in the Mexico and Munich Olympics.
At international level the team is no longer at such dizzying heights but at school and club level the game is in good shape and is highly competitive.
There is also a regular social and mixed hockey scene and as with all other sports a tour to Kenya can provide evenly matched competitive hockey with an itinerary that will take in the safari and beach highlights that have made Kenya famous.
• Early morning arrival after an overnight flight and transfer to hotel/private members club for the next two nights.
• After checking in, the rest of the day is free to acclimatize, training and practice.
• Lunch at hotel/private members club.
• Evening welcome barbecue.
• Free morning. Optional excursions possible with visits to Daphne Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage, the Giraffe Manor, Karen Blixen’s Museum, Nairobi National Museum, Kazuri Beads and Jewellery, shopping or a round of golf.
• Afternoon Match no. 1.
• Dinner at hotel/private members club.
• Depart Nairobi after an early breakfast for Lake Nakuru National Park, arriving mid-morning for a game drive before lunch.
Home to a million lesser flamingos at certain times of the year and also the best place in Kenya to see the elusive leopard.
• Lunch at Lake Nakuru Lodge
• Depart Lake Nakuru National Park after lunch for Match no. 2 in Nakuru.
• Dinner and overnight at Rift Valley Sports Club.
• After an early breakfast depart Nakuru for the world famous Maasai Mara for a 2 night stay at the luxury tented Mara Fig Tree Camp arriving in time for lunch followed by an afternoon game drive..
The Maasai Mara is one of the world’s most famous game reserves and during the course of the next two days you will have the chance to see lion, elephant, cheetah, giraffe and a host of other plains game and birds in the natural splendour of the Maasai Mara.
• 06.00 wake up calls are essential to be out on the African plains as the sun rises.
• You will return to Fig Tree for breakfast and can then relax by the swimming pool or sit on the veranda of your tent which overlooks the Talek River.
• An unforgettable option is a hot air balloon ride followed by champagne breakfast as dawn breaks over the plains.
• 06.30 Your final pre breakfast game drive before returning to Nairobi.
• A snack lunch en route will be taken in Narok arriving back in Nairobi late afternoon.
• 17h00 Match no. 3
• Dinner and overnight at your hotel/private members club.
• Free morning.
• Lunch at hotel/private members club.
• 16h00 Match no. 4
• Supper at the world famous Carnivore Restaurant, voted amongst the world’s top 40 restaurants and considered as ‘Africa’s Great Eating Experience’.
• AM flight to Mombasa
• Transfer to the Voyager Beach Resort will bring you to the white sand, palm tree fringed Indian Ocean where you will be staying for the next two nights on an all inclusive basis so all food, most alcoholic drinks and non motorised waters sports are included.
• Free day on the beach
• Free day on the beach. Optional excursions include excursions to the 16th century Fort Jesus and a tour of Mombasa Old Town, or a round of golf at the nearby Nyali Golf Club.
• An optional and recommended excursion is a seafood dinner cruise on the Tamarind Dhow.
•You will check out just before lunch and transfer to Mombasa Sports Club where lunch will be provided.
• 16.00 Match no. 5
• Late evening flight back to Nairobi and overnight in Nairobi.
• Day rooms are available
• 16.00 Match no. 6
• Early farewell dinner before departure for the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for return flight home.
• 5 nights bed and breakfast in twin ensuite rooms in Nairobi
• 2 nights full board in twin ensuite tents at Mara Fig Tree Camp
• 2 nights full board in twin ensuite rooms with air conditioning at Voyayer Beach Resort
• Return air fare Nairobi Mombasa
• Nakuru and Maasai Mara safari transport in 7 seater safari mini-vans
• All match, airport and dinner transfers
• Dinners at the Carnivore and welcome barbecue and farewell supper in Nairobi plus all other dinners not covered by full board rate
• All lunches not covered under full board arrangements at hotels/lodges/tented camp
• Match and ground arrangements including lunches
• Game park entry fees for the 2 nights in the Maasai Mara
• Sporting Safaris liaison throughout the tour
• International airfares
• Visa fees
• Health and travel insurance
• Entrance fees and transport to optional excursions, Tamarind Dhow and balloon safari
• Phone calls and laundry
• Miscellaneous personal expenditure
• Snack lunch on Day 6 on return journey from the Maasai Mara
Cost per person subject to number of persons in tour party, length of stay and choice of accommodation.